CORE2-ROS Boot issue

Hello,

I came into work this morning and suddenly have an issue with the CORE2-ROS we’re currently using. It seems to be stuck whilst booting up.

LR1 and LR2 are both on continously. My code had L1 blinking to confirm if the code was running, which it no longer does. Holding hConfig doesn’t appear to have any effect either. I can open an RDP session with it’s RPi and that all works without issue.

When I left work on friday it was working without issue, and it hasn’t been touched over the weekend. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gus

Hi Gus,
It seems you’ve encountered the same issue like user from this thread:

Please follow the step by step instructions from the thread. If you happen to have the Raspberry Pi, please install following library on your PI:

$ pip install RPi.GPIO

In commands from the solution use -c rpi option instead -c tinker or -c upboard meant for Asus Tinker Board and Upboard respectively. Please let me know if that cured your board.

Hi,

I’ve followed the steps up to this point of step 4:

doing this step with -c rpi instead of -c tinker.

It returns the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/stm32loader”, line 9, in
load_entry_point(‘stm32loader==0.5.0’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘stm32loader’)()
File “build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/stm32loader/main.py”, line 37, in main
File “build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/stm32loader/main.py”, line 379, in main
File “build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/stm32loader/main.py”, line 172, in connect
File “build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/stm32loader/uart_gpios.py”, line 91, in connect
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialutil.py”, line 180, in init
self.open()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 298, in open
self._reconfigure_port(force_update=True)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py”, line 441, in _reconfigure_port
[iflag, oflag, cflag, lflag, ispeed, ospeed, cc])
termios.error: (22, ‘Invalid argument’)

I’ve spent some time looking for a solution, but so far have not been able to find anything.

Fortunately, I have had a similar problem on my Raspberry Pi 3B. Please check my notes on this problem. Look for Inspect serial capability section.

The problems stems form wrong serial instance associated with gpio pins. The serial instance has to be capable of setting parity bits (even) otherwise it won’t be able to communicate with stm32 bootloader.

I need to add exception for this error though.

This fixed the aforementioned issue. The CORE2 is no longer stuck with LR1 and LR2 on simultaneously.

We’re not out of the woods yet though, because now when attempting to configure the CORE2 with hConfig, It does enter the config mode (i.e. LR1 and 2 blinking alternatively) but the wifi address (husarionConfigXXXX) doesn’t show in my available networks list. When not in config mode, LR1 and LR2 are indicating that it’s connecting (LR2 blinking). with sometimes a brief flash of the no internet indication (LR1 blinks, LR2 solid).

Have you done the steps 6 and 7 from the solution?

Yes I did the steps, and I’ve discovered the solution just now.

I re-enabled husarion-shield as well after finishing, which apparently caused the problem, because after disabling it again I have successfully reconfigured the CORE2.

Thanks a lot for the help sir!

I was about to ask you if the husarion-shield has been re-enabled. This service is managed by husarion-configurator so it shouldn’t be enabled manually. I’m glad I could help.

I’m closing the topic.

Hi
Can you add this solution together with the steps and your notes to the tutorials/Manuals. Ithink this would help others too.
Thanks!

Michael

I will prepare something like this soon.