[Closed] Error with update using docker (Panther)

Hello,

I am currently updating the docker images in the panther RPi. But after using docker compose up and update the newest images from repository. The container of panther_ros exit with log panther_ros exited with code 1. Could you help me on this issue? Thank you.

Hello @xuhu7477

We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. In the meantime, can you provide your Panther’s Serial Number and/or version (1.2 or 1.06)?

Additionally, you can execute the command below to send me the errors you get.

docker logs panther_ros -f

Best regards
Jan Brzyk

Hello,

We have Panther v1.2, serial number 22c6. The error message see follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 311, in <module>
    main()
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 305, in main
    power_board_node = PowerBoardNode('power_board_node')
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 139, in __init__
    GPIO.add_event_detect(
RuntimeError: Failed to add edge detection
Exception in thread Thread-7:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/opt/ros/noetic/lib/python3/dist-packages/rospy/timer.py", line 237, in run
    self._callback(TimerEvent(last_expected, last_real, current_expected, current_real, last_duration))
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 178, in _watchdog_cb
    self._watchdog()
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 45, in __call__
    GPIO.output(self._pin, self._last_state)
RuntimeError: Please set pin numbering mode using GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD) or GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)
Exception in thread Thread-6:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/opt/ros/noetic/lib/python3/dist-packages/rospy/timer.py", line 237, in run
    self._callback(TimerEvent(last_expected, last_real, current_expected, current_real, last_duration))
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 163, in _publish_pin_state_cb
    charger_state = self._read_pin(self._pins.CHRG_SENSE)
  File "/ros_ws/src/panther_ros/panther_power_control/src/power_board_node.py", line 291, in _read_pin
    return not GPIO.input(pin)
RuntimeError: Please set pin numbering mode using GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD) or GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)

Hope this can help.

Regards
Xujiang

Hi Xujiang,

We suggest you to update compose.minimal-setup.yaml to this version:

I think that will fix your issue. Please check it and let us know :slight_smile:

Additionally, I can tell you that we are working on new release of Panther software including new os image for RPi. We will keep you informed, but it’s a matter of few next weeks :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Hubert

I’m closing this thread after >2 months of inactivity.