How to subscribe to depth image in camera zed for processing

hello i have a zed camera and when i subscribe to /zed/depth/depth_registered i got a black white image instead of gray-scale … using rqt_image_view tool i got a good depth image with the same topic

Hi abdelkrim,

I need some more information from you. Tell me which command do you using to start zed camera more accurate description of the problem. I also will need a results of rostopic echo /zed/depth/depth_registered. After receiving this info I will investigate your problem.

Regards,
Hubert.

to start zed i use roslaunch zed_wrapper zed.launch

the results of rostopic echo /zed/depth/depth_registered are pixels between 0 and 255

Hi abdelkrim,

I can’t check right now what the problem is because I don’t have zed camera, but try to test it in the way from chapter 2.6 of zed-ros-wrapper documentation. Ater taht let us know is you /zed/depth/depth_registered topic still has got only black and white color.

Regards,
Hubert

I have a Zed camera. It requires USB 3.0, does your system have a USB 3.0 connection?

Hi everyone,

PureRockets is absolutely right. Our CORE2-ROS with RPi or Asus TB have only USB 2.0 so using Zed camera can make some problems after connection.

Regards,
Hubert