[Solved] Noetic Image and Wireless

I can boot the new noetic image without any problems, but I can’t connect to my wireless network. I have tried connecting via the standard method which fails with Authentication required enter password which I have many times. I know docker containers have many advantages and I’m learning about them but an image just like the others would be nice. I would already be up and running instead of spending hours trying to connect to my wifi. You should have included directions with the release so people who don’t know docker can use them this is very frustrating. I’m trying to use the wpa_gui but it won’t allow you to select the adapter. I have filled in all the other information but still unable to connect. It has the docker0 bridge connection and the empty wireless signal strength next to it (need to have the wpa_gui for it to show). All the research I’ve done involves running a docker command from the host but this boots right into the container so I don’t know how to run a docker command on the container from a host. How are do I connect to my wireless network ? I see a firmware flash if I flash with the new firmware will this prevent me from using my other images. If so I will lose a lot of work unless I can copy the packages and re-compile or is only for ros2 ?

New sensor working. Thank you very much

Hi hskramer

Because I have not encountered this problem it would be great if you could send me how did you try to connect to wifi and if you have some logs it would be great if you send it to me also. If I understand correct it seem to you that the reason of this problem is docker?

It’s extremely nice to find a company such as Husarion that not only cares about selling their product but supporting their product as well. Unfortunately have learned the hard way that many companies are happy to sell you something but care very little about it’s quality and especially support. I may be experiencing a problem right now but a least they are helping me resolve it.

Thank you very much,
Harry Kramer

And yes docker bridge is the only thing being assigned an ip address. Have tried multiple ways to get around this none have worked so far.