[Solved] ROSBot 2.0 Webdemo crash upon moving bot

Hello,

So my issue is, upon starting up the web demo, and getting onto the website gui, everything works perfectly fine up until the point I move the bot using the on screen directional control or by clicking the explore button.

As soon as I move the bot, the website fails to connect to the bot, and if I’m also concurrently logged on via remote desktop, either a critical failure happens the the RDP crashes as well or it will stay unresponsive forever.

Thanks

Hi danieltapham,

To investigate your problem I need little a bit more information. Do you flashed the newest version of ROSbot firmware? What is the Serial Number from the bottom of robot. Can you drive a robot through a teleop_twist_keyboard? Is this the only situation in which the robot behaves strangely? Please let me know the answers.

Best regards,
Hubert

I flashed the robot about 2 weeks ago

The serial number is 892850

rosrun teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard.py

runs without any errors, but the robot doesn’t move

Running the web demo is the extent of what I’ve been able to test, as it’s one of the first programs that the tutorial has. So this is the only situation so far that I’ve seen.

Hi danieltapham,

You also have to run:

/opt/husarion/tools/rpi-linux/ros-core2-client /dev/ttyCORE2

If you will follow tutorial number 3 (link here: Simple kinematics for mobile robot | Husarion) you should be able to check working of motors.

Please let me know the results.

Best regards,
Hubert

So I’ve run that, and the bot crashes. RDP tells me internal error has occurred.

Hi danieltapham,

I would like to ask you to execute this command in terminal:

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lukaszmitka/diag/master/get_diagnostics.sh | bash

It will create file data.tar.gz which involve will a lot of information about your device. Please send me this file on my e-mail address hubert.zwiercan@husarion.com. This should help me diagnose the problem.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi danieltapham,

Thank you for your e-mail. I’ve check all information included in data.tar.gz file and everything looks perfectly normal.

We can do one test which confirm or exclude problem with damaged batteries. I see you have one additional device plug in into your ROSbot. Can you disconnect all of external devices from the robot for the test time?

Please put ROSbot on something high enough so that the wheels do not touch the ground. Plug in charger and start charging. Turn on ROSbot and try to move wheels in the same way as before using rosrun teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard.py. If we have problem with batteries robot shouldn’t reboot until this test.

I can’t wait for your test report.

Best regards,
Hubert

So I’ve been running off wall power this entire time

I’ve unplugged everything, and attempted to move the wheels again, but it still crashes.

Hi danieltapham,

You wrote:

I’ve unplugged everything

Could you please do this test in my way with connected charger? It will help me find a problem a lot. Please remember to put ROSbot on something high.

Please let me know the result.

Best regards,
Hubert

So with everything external unplugged

Robot raised high and connected with charger

The teleop works

Do you need anymore information?

Hi danieltapham,

Sorry for long time of response. We create some changes in ROSbot firmware which should eliminate the problems associated with peak power consumption caused by motors. Please flash your device with “11. ROSbot 2.0 default firmware” template from IDE and try one more time.

Best regards,
Hubert

Thank you, it looks like normal driving with teleop works fine now.