[Solved] Saving a Video on an External Drive

Has anyone else been having trouble with saving incremental still shots from the video feed for the camera using an extrernal drive?

Hello Vandan_Patel,

Could you provide more details what do you want to achieve, how are you trying to do it, which device are you using and what exact problem or error did you encountered?

Regards,
Łukasz

Personally, I’m not seeing the external drive appear in the SCSI listings, so I can’t mount it. Also, the light on the drive will turn on only for a second and turn off. Is using the USB ports not an option with the Tinker board, or do I just need to try other external drives? Do I need to install some other packages to make external storage work? Thanks!

Hi bailey,

We need little a bit more information to investigate the problem. Please tell me what external drive do you use (producer and model). I also would like to know what is the power supply for TB (from CORE2, microUSB or maybe you talk about TB in ROSbot). Please let me know the answers, and we will try to solve your problem.

Best regards,
Hubert

It’s the TB in the ROSBot. I’ve tried an 8GB ADATA flashdrive and a Micron Lexar 32GB. Neither has been successful.

Hi bailey,

What is the file system on the drives?
Were they formatted under Windows or Linux?
Are they properly recognized by other computers with Windows or Linux?

Regards,
Łukasz

FAT32
Don’t remember what I was using to format. I can reformat using my Unix machine if I need to.
Yes, they appear on my Windows and Unix machines.

Could you reformat it to ext4? This is the native linux filesystem.

Regards,
Łukasz

That works. A bit obnoxious that it can’t recognize FAT32, though. I guess I’ll have to dust off my MBP.