[Solved] Servo Control RosBot 2.0 PRO

I’m currently trying to control a servo, more specifically I will send the signal to an Actuinox LAC which will in turn controll a linear actator with potentiometer feedback, using the hServo pins on the Core2 and want to do this programatically.
The user will input a height which I will calculate to get the correct PWM signal.

Now before I dive too deep into this and end up with an overly complicated solution to this, I wanted to ask if you could recommend a way to control the signal going to the hServo pin.

Since you could controll the wheels out of the box is there something siilar for the other pins or do I need to download a library or something similar for this?

Best Regards

Hi,
To control hServo pins you would need to modify the default ROSbot firmware: https://github.com/husarion/rosbot-firmware-new. Basically you have to configure PWM for pin/pins you plan to use and add a ROS interface (topic) to control duty cycle.

However, I’ve planned to add this feature to the default firmware, so if you don’t mind waiting a little bit I will add it in the next update (possibly today or tomorrow). An instruction on how to use this functionality will be added to the project’s README file.

Regards,
Szymon

Hi,
The feature is in default firmware now starting from version 0.11.0. Here are downloads:

Please see README on how to use it.

Regards,
Szymon

Thank you Szymon, you’ve been a huge help, I’ll implement this next week.
Again, thank you very much.