[Solved] Can't connect the CORE2-ROS to the cloud (again)

Hi,

One of the CORE2-ROS’s just stopped connecting to the cloud randomly. It has been configured, code has been flashed to it from the cloud and ROS nodes were running on the RPi 3 to interact with the code on the CORE2.

At some point we tried the Rosbot code, when we uploaded that it gave an invalid bin file error or another error that said ‘programming in progress’. At once, the code was flashed to it and we started the rosserial. But that could not sync with the CORE2 anymore and gave the “Can’t sync with device” error."

We rebooted the CORE2-ROS and tried to flash other code via the cloud to the CORE2-ROS, only to find outthe CORE2-ROS won’t come online in the cloud again.

The blue light is solid, which means that it is connected to the internet. But because the time is not synchronizing, I am setting the time manually to the right time. This used to work before as well. At this point the blue light starts blinking, while I am still connected to the RPi 3 with RDP or SSH. It is still not connecting to the cloud.

So there’s 4 problems in this topic:

• The invalid bin file error is back
  • Sometimes flashing the code to the CORE2 gives ‘programming in progress error’
  • The RPi 3 can’t sync with the CORE2 with rosserial
  • The CORE2-ROS can’t connect to the cloud before and after the system time is synchronized. Blue led is flashing but I can still connect to it via RDP or SSH.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

• The invalid bin file error is back

We still didn’t’t make fix for that issue, but we work on it. All information will be appeared on this topic.

• Sometimes flashing the code to the CORE2 gives ‘programming in progress error’

This is something new. When you received this error?

• The RPi 3 can’t sync with the CORE2 with rosserial
  • The CORE2-ROS can’t connect to the cloud before and after the system time is synchronized. Blue led is flashing but I can still connect to it via RDP or SSH.

This two problems comes from problem with not synchronized time of device and real time or hardware problem that you and @n_jak described in this topic.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Sometimes flashing the code to the CORE2 gives ‘programming in progress error’

It just happens when I’m programming the CORE2, at any percentage, mostly 33% or 42% it gives that error.

The RPi 3 can’t sync with the CORE2 with rosserial

I also managed to get the time synchronised and to upload some old working code, but I still can’t connect to the CORE2 using the rosserial command. This is not the CORE2-ROS with the clicking noises, that one was caused by shortwiring and was our fault. You said that flashing the Raspberry Pi might fix it, I want to do this as a last option because it takes time to copy all ROS code and other system fixes I’ve done (I needed to make a Wi-Fi adapter from TP-link work, some firmware was missing, the Wi-Fi adapter is not being used right now).

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

That’s probably mean that your CORE2 doesn’t execute flashed program. Please try to flash code with blinking LED from our IDE and check if it works properly.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

That works. We’ve always had the blinking LED code in our own code to make sure the code is running.

Regards,

Mike