[Solved] Raspberry Pi detects network, but can't connect

Hello,

I imaged the raspberry with the newest version of image (Ubuntu 18.04 + ROS Melodic). I am following the configuration tutorial Enviroment configuration | Husarion

But I am stuck at connecting SBC to WiFi. I have Raspberry Pi 2 with external WiFi Adapter edimax ew-7811un. I have used this pi and adapter on earlier version of image (Ubuntu 16.04 + ROS Kinetic) and it worked just fine - right off the bat.

So, the problem is, that i can see my networks, i can type password before connection, but after that pi tries to connect with specified network, but doesn’t succeed. I tried different networks, e.g. from mobile hotspot, i also checked the edimax dongle on other computer and it is working fine.

Also, I can see in iwconfig output that there isn’t any wlan0, but “wlx74da38f1a93d”, which i guess, is coming from Predictable Network Interfaces Names option and i don’t think this should be the culprit.

Any suggestions?

Best,
shinji0

Hi shinji0,

Our image support RPi 3 B and higher, but if previous version work with RPi 2 this one should also work. We had a bug in previous released image, but it is already fixed. May I ask you to download and try newest version?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Thank You, I have downloaded this version of image and now it connects

Best,
shinji0

1 Like