[Solved] Ros-core2-client

Hello

is there a way to install “/opt/husarion/tools/rpi-linux/ros-core2-client” on RPI without unsing an image provided by Husarion?
I want to use the Core2 with a RPI which has Noetic installed.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately /opt/husarion/tools/rpi-linux/ros-core2-client was used only for code based on hFramework which is deprecated and unsupported.

You can easily communicate your core2 with RPi using pkg rosserial_python and firmware based on Mbed framework. Here you can find tutorial including this subject. You can also use rosbot firmware and modify it.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,
thanks for your fast answer.
My robot is based on hFramework. I planned to to switch to Mbed, but this is not done until now and I want to do one step after the other. At the moment my RPI image is broken (roscore does not start anymore - cannot connect to ROS master) so I have to do a fresh install and want to use this for an upgrade.

Is there any other possibility to communicate from RPI with hFramework or to get ros-core-client to work on a RPI without using a provided image?

Michael

Hi MichaelT,

Sorry for long time of response. You can use older version of our image and still working with hFramework. Please check this one.

Problem with start roscore can be cased by wrong configuration in .bashrc or /etc/hosts.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,
Thanks for your answer.
My idea Was to use the current ROS Version, so an elder Image will not help :wink:

Michael