Writing programs in VS Code

Is there a way to just compile Core2 programs in VS Code?
If I press Ctrl-Shift-P I can only “Flash project to Core2”, but I would like to compile only for error checking, because IntelliSense does not work very well with ROS as well with Husarioin libraries.

Hi Michael.

You have to press Ctrl+Shift+B, after that your code will be compile.

Regard,
Hubert.

Hi Hubert

that’s what I expected, but it seems that I have two key mappings for Ctrl+Shift+B:

{ "key": "ctrl+shift+b",          "command": "workbench.action.tasks.build" },
{ "key": "ctrl+shift+b",          "command": "editor.debug.action.toggleBreakpoint",
                                 "when": "editorTextFocus" },

Besides that if I use Ctrl+Shift+P and than “Tasks: Run Build Tasks” there was a message “There was no executable build task found, Please configure Tasks”. I have a german system so the english message may be a little bit different.

Michael

We can’t what’s wrong with your setup with the information you provided, so we’d like to ask few questions:

1. What operating system are you using?
  2. What version of Visual Studio Code do you have? What version of Husarion extension?
  3. Could you upload some screenshots of the errors and, if possible, zipped project which you are having problems?

I am using Windows, the Visual Studio Code Version is 1.18.1 from November 2017, Husarion extension is 1.5.5.
After pressing Ctrl+Shift+B the first time the following message appears:

After clicking OK and pressing Ctrl+Shift+B again the following appears:

For further Ctrl+Shift+B the second message appears until a restart of Visual Studio Code, than it starts again with the first message.

Thanks for information.

Husarion extension is partially incompatible with release 1.18.1 - we will release new version fixing this problem as soon as possible.