Best Fred

Good morning,
Next I will share my device to you and will be yours all day
Hope you will find the problem
Happy hunting
Best
Fred

Additional information:
Since no one using my device, I have built/uploaded several programs, but the error results are not consistent,
Now and then I got invalid bin message,
time out at erasing message
programming: succes message not accompanied progress percentage indicator
Hope this info helps

Hello.

Sorry for late response - I couldn’t look at your device during the weekend.

I think we have found the problem - the internal EEPROM in CORE2 seems to get corrupted. We are working on the fix, but for now, you can erase it:

• Connect CORE2 Micro-USB port to Rapsberry Pi USB port (with USB cable).
  • Run /opt/husarion/tools/amd64-linux/core2-flasher --erase-eeprom on Raspberry Pi.
  • Restart CORE2 and reconnect.

If you prefer, I can do the second part - just connect CORE2 Micro-USB port to Rapsberry Pi USB port, restart CORE2 and let me know.

1 Like

Hi Zielmicha,
I have made the connection.
Go ahead with the 2nd part
Best,
Fred

i can not find the program below on my RPI

/opt/husarion/tools/amd64-linux/core2-flasher

I have erased the eprom with the command:
/opt/husarion/tools/rpi-linux/core2-flasher --erase-eeprom

but the problem has not been resolved.
Programming: succes, but nothing happens, as all reported before

There seems to be another problem - the previous problem is fixed correctly.
We are investigating it.

Fred, we just sent you a new CORE2-ROS. It looks like your previous unit had a hardware issue so thank you for sending it back to us.

Feedback such as yours helps us a lot when it comes to improving our products. Thanks again for the effort in sharing all the details of the issue with us.

Hi Husarion Team,

Thanks for the time for looking into my problem and sending me a replacement device.
You are very responsive and I like that!
All the best to you.

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted to dig up the topic as the error happens quite often.
Husarion team, could you please add the solution (EEPROM fix) in the official documentation?
Or just fix the issue? xD

Hi Szymon,

Just to be clear STM32 doesn’t have EEPROM, it implements EEPROM emulation using the embedded Flash
memory, you can check documentation here. Can you write some more details of your issue? You referred to the EEPROM fix but the solution for the problem described in this topic was different, and your case can be also different.

Best regards,
Hubert

It’s common to enocunter this error “Programming: error: (invalid bin file)” which comes up with frequent uploads of new software/firmware via cloud to the board.
What we found out in the company it always works after the fix below:

Just wanted to note that I have this topic bookmarked in my browser just to quickly fix the problem every time I encounter it :slight_smile: