2d Post Estimate and Goal Pose not working

I’m working on Rosbot2Pro following the tutorial found at: GitHub - husarion/rosbot-autonomy: Autonomous navigation & mapping for ROSbot 2R / 2 PRO. However, there is a problem when applying the 2D goal pose and estimate. The terminal panel states that Rviz successfully estimates the goal pose, but my Rosbot is not moving. Are there any missing steps that I didn’t do? Thank you in advance.

Rosbot Terminal:

Pc Terminal:

rviz:

Hi @dend,

Thank you for the information.
Please try to modify the controller to DWA or RPP in the .env file. We discovered that the CPU architecture on the ROSbot 2 PRO has trouble reading the binary. We are in contact with the developers of nav2 and are trying to fix the problem.

Let me know if changing the controller helped.

Regards,

Hi @RafalGorecki,

Thank you so much for your prompt assistance and guidance. Switching to the DWB controller indeed resolved the issue seamlessly. Your support is greatly appreciated!Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for these kind words. I leave the issue open for a few days. If you have any questions on this matter, I will be happy to help.

1 Like

hi @RafalGorecki,

Now that my goal post estimate is functioning, I am seeking a method to autonomously navigate the robot according to the localized map. However, I am uncertain about the procedure. I attempted to utilize transient localization but encountered no results. It appears I may have overlooked certain steps, but I am unsure which ones.

Hi @dend,

I’m not sure I understood correctly what you want to achieve. If you want to perform simple actions such as driving through individual points, you can use: Simple Commander API — Nav2 1.0.0 documentation.
Especially check out the examples and demos provided by nav2 (at the bottom of the linked page). I think you will find what you are looking for there.

Let me know if this is what you had in mind?

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.