AWS Robomaker and tutorials

I am trying to setup the AWS IDE, but my screen appearance does not match the images in your tutorial, and I do not have the robomaker menu entries on my menu bar. I tries manually setting up simulation runs, but the robot does not move in the exploration simulation, nor in tutorial 9. I am trying to debug, but I suspect Amazon has updated the robomaker environment and your documentation no longer matches the current AWS setup.

Please advise on how I can best get some working results.

Thanks

I forgot to mention AWS now offers only Melodic, thus the astra camera and frontier exploration packages are not available from the ROS repos. I cloned them into the src folders and built, and it seems the astra camera package was missing from my previous sim attempts, and may be the root cause for the tutorial failure.

Meanwhile, you need to schedule updates for your AWS tutorials and source distros to keep up with changes. Your product is too expensive to require this sort of manual patching.

Hi hetzerrr,
Thank you for informing us about the problem. I am working on fixing this issue. Soon there will be update of this tutorial. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Karol Konkol
Husarion Team