I’ve got great news for you:
Brand new ROS reference project is now available!
The purpose of this open source project was to create a voice interface for an autonomous mobile robot. It will teach you how to develop a platform with a web UI running on Robot Operating System allowing users to control their robot by voice commands with DeepSpeech used as speech-to-text engine.
There are three 3 elements used in the project:
- ROSbot 2.0 (or a corresponding gazebo model)
- Laptop/server running DeepSpeech and web user interface
- User laptop
All of the above elements can be in separate networks as they are connected over a VPN.
The web UI you’ll create will have the following features and capabilities:
- Possibility of defining custom orders
- Recognizing sequences of commands
- Tracking current/next orders
- History of previous orders with their results
- Voice aliases can be written in regex style which allows to use many voice aliases for the same order
Enjoy talking to your robot!
Read full instruction here!