[Closed] I run rosrun tf tf_echo map robot and i get this error

nima@nima-VirtualBox:~/rosbot_ws/catkin_ws/src/rosbot_description/src/rosbot_navigation/launch$ rosrun tf tf_echo map robot
Failure at 23.360000000
Exception thrown:“robot” passed to lookupTransform argument source_frame does not exist.
The current list of frames is:
Frame camera_link exists with parent body_link.
Frame body_link exists with parent base_link.
Frame camera_depth_frame exists with parent camera_link.
Frame camera_rgb_frame exists with parent camera_link.
Frame range_fl exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_fr exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_rl exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_rr exists with parent body_link.
Frame laser exists with parent body_link.
Frame top exists with parent body_link.
Frame front_left_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame front_right_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame rear_left_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame rear_right_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame odom exists with parent map.

Failure at 23.360000000
Exception thrown:“robot” passed to lookupTransform argument source_frame does not exist.
The current list of frames is:
Frame camera_link exists with parent body_link.
Frame body_link exists with parent base_link.
Frame camera_depth_frame exists with parent camera_link.
Frame camera_rgb_frame exists with parent camera_link.
Frame range_fl exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_fr exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_rl exists with parent body_link.
Frame range_rr exists with parent body_link.
Frame laser exists with parent body_link.
Frame top exists with parent body_link.
Frame front_left_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame front_right_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame rear_left_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame rear_right_wheel exists with parent body_link.
Frame odom exists with parent map.

Hello @leaf_cat,

There are two disturbing things that caught my attention.

1. Your workspace looks disturbing. You have a package within a package which may not create some compilation problems.
  2. Additionally, you use quite archived repositories. If you are looking for navigation, use GitHub - husarion/rosbot-autonomy: Autonomous navigation & mapping for ROSbot 2R / 2 PRO.

Regards

hii, thank you for replying

oh its not a workspace in a workspace, its just a folder names rosbot_ws that contains the catkin_ws which is the actual workspace. Does that cause any issue?

Im trying to implement my code using simulations first which contains a combination of things that i am using. Is the repo you have suggested exclusive to mapping only? i am currently using rosbot_description as it looked like it had good amount of files in it and i think even the website recommended it for starting gazebo simulations.

Also i have a question, if i were to implement this on the actual bot, what do i have to do. I’ve been having soo many issues with the main repo for the rosbot 2 pro thats why i migrated to the archived versions.

Sorry for spamming you with doubts but im just a be beginner so im still learning.

Hello @leaf_cat,

1. ROSbot 2 PRO implementation.

To start working with ROSbot 2 PRO, it would be useful to first locate the problem of what is not working. The fastest method should be:

1. Mapping

If everything works, I recommend using the GitHub - husarion/rosbot-autonomy: Autonomous navigation & mapping for ROSbot 2R / 2 PRO repository. It consists of mapping and navigation. From what you write, you only care about mapping, so all you need to do is modify/add your own launcher, which will run the slam_toolbox package. In this repo you can also run autonomy using gazebo simulator.

I hope the above information will be helpful to you.

Regards

Closed after over 14 days of inactivity.