[Closed] ROSbot 2.0 wheel actuator numbering

Dear Husraion support team.

Hi.

I have a question about ROSbot 2.0 wheel actuator numbering.

I asked about actuator numbering previously.

However, when I check the /joint_states, it was confusing.

Following figure shows the numbering of each actuator from link (1) and (2).

(1) rosbot-stm32-firmware/src/main.cpp at main · husarion/rosbot-stm32-firmware · GitHub

(2) rosbot-stm32-firmware/src/rosbot_kinematics.h at main · husarion/rosbot-stm32-firmware · GitHub

Which numbering is correct for the dutycycle of the actuator?

Thank you.

Hello,

I don’t fully understand the questions, especially since after the last conversation (Motor dutycycle numbering) you agreed on a common version of numbering.

I think you’re right, and depending on whether you’re listening to the topic or working inside the robot, the numbering is different.

1. For topic /joint_state the order is: [FL, FR, RL, RR]

2. For the Core2 driver it is specified, as you noticed:

#define MOTOR_FR MOTOR1
#define MOTOR_FL MOTOR4
#define MOTOR_RR MOTOR2
#define MOTOR_RL MOTOR3

So it depends on the viewing level. You shouldn’t change the order in define, but if you don’t like something you can change the order in /joint_states.

Hello,

What I’m curious about is that I wrote code to receive the motor’s duty cycle, and in this code, which wheels are assigned the numbers 0 to 3.
Is it numbered the same as /joint_states?

Thank you.

Hello @chokings,

It looks like the numbering is different for /joint_states topic.

Regards

Hello,

So how can I find out how they are numbered?

Thank you.

Hello,

If you make a change in the firmware, use the numbering consistent with the define

Regards

Hello,

Then, what is the default numbering of main.cpp?

Thank you

Dear @chokings,

Regarding your question about main.cpp, I’m guessing you’re referring to the driver that’s inside the main function. For the driver, the order is as follows: [MOTOR_FR, MOTOR_FL, MOTOR_RR, MOTOR_RL].

Fully understanding what exactly you are asking about is a bit of a challenge for me, so maybe it will be easier for you to set PWM for a single wheel and make sure where in the code and what numbering is correct.

Thank you for your understanding.

Closing - over 2 weeks without a response.