[Closed] ROSbot 2 screen flicker when connected to monitor

4 of our 15 ROSbot 2’s have developed a flicker when connected to a monitor; some will display ROS for a few seconds then cut to black screen, over and over. Others are constantly black, with the monitor backlight flickering on / off.

Is this a known issue, or could you point me in the right direction? I’ve bypassed the board to outer body HDMI cable and it still has the issue, and we’ve tried multiple monitors and cables.

I believe they are all on Melodic.

Thanks.

Hi Bath,

First question is how did you test it. Depends on power supply you are currently using (battery or DC connector) behavior can be little a bit different. We recommend testing it using batteries.

Make sure that SD cart was insert into SBC properly.

Your students probably make some changes in firmware from time to time, so in the first step you should try to turn on ROSbot’s with pushed reset button in the same time. If it will works, you just need flash default firmware and robot will be booting normally in the future.

If it doesn’t work, we have to test booting of SBC. Please turn on your ROSbot and after 1 or 2 minutes try to connect to it by ssh using Ethernet adapter included in ROSbot set.

In case you still cannot communicate with ROSbot after this steps, we will investigate each case separately.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert

All were tested running on battery, but all batteries were fully charged.

SD cards were all properly inserted.

I’ll try your other suggestions and see how I get on, thanks for the speedy reply!

1 Like

Hi Hubert

I’ve flashed firmware, also tried reinstalling Melodic and putting on Noetic, and again flashing firmware, but no change. I tried this on several of them to be sure.

I’m ready to connect via SSH, what would you recommend next?

Thanks.

Hi Bath,

I’m sorry for long time of response.

Did you try to connect via SSH with problematic robots? What is the result?

Best regards,
Hubert

After 60 days, we close the topic due to the lack of an answer.