[Closed] When ROS Humble image for ROSbot2 Pro?

Hi,

Please can you tell us when there will be ROS Humble image released for the ROSbot Pro?
We would like to test it before our next academic year starting September 2023.

Thank you and kind regards,
Jon.

Hello @Jon

Unfortunately, the issue of native ROS2 Humble on the UP Board is dependent on the UP Board manufacturer’s support for the Ubuntu 22.04 kernel (no support for Ubuntu 20.04 either). Without it, many system elements, such as GPIO pins, cannot function.

As an alternative, I suggest running ROS2 Humble inside Docker containers, which is of course possible even if the base system is ROS2 Foxy + Ubuntu 20.04.

Let me know if you need additional clarification on this matter.

Best regards
Jan Brzyk

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the update. It is very great shame that UPBoard not supported long term. Please provide information on how we can run ROS2 humble in docker container, so we can try it.

Thank you and kind regards,
Jon.

Hello @Jon

just install a new System Image on your ROSbot 2 PRO (it will delete all data of course). The download and full instruction is here (I recommend Ubuntu 20.04 + ROS2 Foxy + Docker + Husarnet client).

Then running the system with ROS2 Humble inside the Docker containers is well described in the Quick Start Guide or ROSbot 2 PRO. You can also find plenty of other examples on Husarion Github.

Best regards
Jan Brzyk