Connecting additional battery to the panther charging system

Hi,
I’m curious if it’s possible to connect an extra battery to the panther’s charging system? I prefer having a separate battery for additional electronic components (motors etc), instead of using the panther battery and I want all batteries to be charged at the same time. The panther has the wireless charging option. Can you give me information about how to connect a battery to the panther’s charging system?

Hi,
the charging circuit in Panther is separated from other circuits, even the charger ground is separated from the robot ground node. There is no simple way to merge it with the additional charger.

The wireless charging option is available only with single battery option for Panther. For the additional battery you would need to use the second wireless charger, which is mechanically impractical I guess.

The only simple way to achieve the simplicity that you are describing is to use the galvanically isolated charger for each battery. You could then connect them using a single port/connector which would consolidate 2 or 3 chargers into one plug.

The other way would be to design an multi-output, on-board charger with galvanically isolated outputs. I’m really sorry, but we don’t currently offer that feature.