CORE2-ROS connection problems + rosserial problems

Hello,

Whenever I try to add a third CORE2-ROS to the cloud, it replaces one of the other already configured CORE2-ROS’s. This means I can’t add more than two CORE2-ROS’s at the same time.

Edit 1:

It might be useful to add that one of the two already configured CORE2-ROS’s has the configuration IP:

Connected via native-linux.
App version: 8
Local IP: 192.168.50.1

We are going to flash all devices today because we think some are using old configuration data.

Edit 2:

We have flashed all SD cards, the NTP time problem still happens but other than that two CORE-ROS’s seem to function nominal. With the third CORE2-ROS whenever I do the hConfiguration part, I enter the code (prod|3ZFg2ABAnsXuGNipxxxxx) but the device keeps on blinking in configuration mode. After having flashed all 3 CORE2-ROS’s, they are all connected to the cloud again. So the main problem of this topic solved, edit3 shows the remaining problem.

Edit 3:

The first CORE2-ROS was connecting to the cloud nominally, with the system time almost up to sync. But now whenever I reboot it, the blue light (LR2) starts blinking while I can still connect to it via RDP to see that the system time is correct. It is not connecting to the cloud.

Edit 4:

Now the first and second CORE2-ROS can’t sync with rosserial to the CORE2:

[ERROR] [1560777352.784583]: Unable to sync with device; possible link problem or link software version mismatch such as hydro rosserial_python with groovy Arduino

Current state after having flashed all 3 CORE2-ROS’s, configured them with the cloud, installed the ROS workspace, connected them with an external ROS master and tested the rosserial with success:

First CORE2-ROS:

• NTP time does not synchronise which probably has to do with the network I am programming on. Is happening to all CORE2-ROS’s now. We found a manual fix.
  • rosserial does not work: unable to sync
  • LR2 is blinking, but still connected to the internet, can connect to it via RDP/SSH, won’t show as online in the cloud.

Second CORE2-ROS:

• NTP time does not sync
  • rosserial does not work: unable to sync

Third CORE-2-ROS:

• NTP time does not sync

Edit 5:

So I just took CORE2-ROS one and three home with me to test it with my home network. CORE2-ROS three is working perfectly fine (NTP time now syncs). CORE2-ROS three, led LR2 blinks, even though it is connected to the network via an ethernet cable. It can’t have a better connectivity than that. It is also not showing up in the cloud.

Note:

I am trying to keep you updated on every little detail so we might fix these problems. We need to have at least two CORE2-ROS’s working properly by friday so we can demonstrate the project we have been working for a wider audience. Now only the third CORE2-ROS is almost working as it should, but is restrained by the local network which we found a manual fix for.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank for a detailed description of the issue.

Due to the fact that the problem is very complex and does not occur with other users of this device, the best solution will be to send it back to us. Let’s discuss the terms of services in a private message.

Best regard,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I am letting you know that I am no longer part of the project that uses the CORE2-ROS. I heard my colleagues have discussed the replacement with you.

Thanks for all the help.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for all the submitted reports and comments about the operation of our drivers.

I wish you good luck in further projects :wink:.

Best regards,
Hubert