Core2 unable to connect to bootloaded

Hello,

Ive been having some issues with the Core2 board. Im unable to flash it and when I attempt to use the flasher tool “core2-flasher.exe” I am able to connect to the device, and settings but fails at trying to connect to the bootloader and it just loops.

I thought it might be an issue with the bootloader, so I connected via the debug pins and opened up st-link utility and compared the downloaded bootloader firmware to the memory space on the board, and they are the same. I also cant overwrite the bootloader since its write protected and I can connect to unprotect.

Also, when I turn the board on, I get my red power LED and LED2 is blinking at about 250ms on/off.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Hi jayjlow,

I’m guessing that you are using CORE2 without any additional devices like ESP32, RPi or Tinker Board?

May I ask you to use st-link utility one more time? Press “Ctrl+B”, new window should appear. Check “Option Bytes > Read Out Protection > Level X” It should be set to “level 0”. Unselect also all sectors.

After that reboot CORE2 and try to use “./core2-flasher” command to flash your code.

Please let me know the results.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I did try with the RPi but I was not able to get stm32loader working. Seems like a similar issue.

I did what you asked, and applied the changes, but it did not help. Still not able to connect to the bootloader.

Hi jayjlow,

Thanks for your respond. I would like to ask you few more question.

Did your CORE2 work properly earlier or you occur this issue right from the start?

What type of power supply do you use (voltage, amperage, batteries or power adapter)?

Please send me also screenshot of “Option Bytes” window from st-link utility.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hello,

This is the first time ive gotten around to trying to use it, so I just it would be right from the start.
My ST-Link decided to stop working. Im now waiting to receive a replacement. I tried USB power from the computer, and from a 2.4 amp usb adapter. Tried 12v 2 amp. Tried through RPi.

Hello,

Ive attached a screen shot of the option bytes screen.

Hi jayjlow,

Powering CORE2 using USB is not the right way. In CORE2 manual you will find information how to do it right (12V 2A should be OK).

May I ask you to try two more things?

Please connect USB from your computer to CORE2 and try to use command ./core2-flasher --setup. It can help in case of problem with FTDI configuration. Please share the results from terminal after executing this command.

When you receive ST-link back please try to flash this file to CORE2 using it. Check if LEDs on board working in the same way as on this gif.

Please let me know the results.

Best regards,
Hubert

I wasnt able to use the --setup flag. Same issue as before —>

I was able to flash the board with the st-link and the LED did their sequence.