Flashing Frimware

Hi

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue with flashing the firmware using the utility script method. I have followed the step-by-step instructions provided on your website, but I keep encountering the following error message: [sudo: rosbot-xl.flash: command not found].

Previously, I did not experience this issue, and the process worked as expected. Could you please assist me in troubleshooting this error? I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Sina

Hi Sina,

Can you please provide the model and serial number of the robot you are using?
Additionally, where did you download the OS image from? Could you also provide the specific steps you have taken with the fresh image?

Best,
Dawid

Hello David,

I am currently working with the ROSbot XL, and I have installed Jetpack 5.1.1 using this link: JetPack SDK 5.1.1 | NVIDIA Developer.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. I formatted the micro SD card using the SD Card Formatter and flashed the Jetpack 5.1.1 image onto the card.
  2. I set up the system configuration with:
  • Computer name: rosbotxl
  • Username: husarion

Then, I proceeded with the additional installation steps as outlined in the quick start guide for Nvidia Jetson Orin Nano, including:

1. Internet connection setup
  2. Netplan installation
  3. Robot configuration installation
  4. Docker engine installation on Ubuntu
  5. Creating symlinks
  6. Husarnet installation

Finally, I completed step 9: ROS 2 Foxy installation, following the instructions provided in this link: https://docs.ros.org/en/foxy/Installation/Ubuntu-Install-Debians.html. As a note, I only installed the “Desktop Install (Recommended): ROS, RViz, demos, tutorials,” and followed all the steps until the installation was completed.

Afterwards, I established an SSH key connection from another terminal. I also successfully connected the ROSbot XL to the Wi-Fi network using Netplan. However, when attempting to launch the ROS driver and flash the firmware, I encountered error messages.

At the moment, I am not in the office to provide the serial number of the ROSbot XL, but I will send it to you tomorrow. Could you please let me know how I can locate the serial number on the robot?

Thank you for your response and support.

Best regards,
Sina