How to factory reset the CORE2-ROS?

Hi, I’m new to the forum and am trying to find a way to reset the device to it’s factory settings? I’ve flashed the bootloader and run “apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade -y” twice, but that won’t get me back to the factory settings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi trav.yo.

The only way to reset device to factory settings is to flash SD card one more time. You can find the manual here.

Regard,
Hubert.

Hello Hubert, could u please check this link i am student and got this robot 2.0 pro but i want to start from the beginning, i have so many questions but i want to factory reset everything and then work with with quick start tutorials from the webpage. Also if u could answer me this questions i would be very thankful… 1. do i need ubuntu 16… or is ubuntu 18 also good ? is there a chat where u can ask someone?
thanks.

Hello Alex,

To reset ROSbot to factory settings, there are two things to do:

1. Reinstall system on SBC
  2. Flash firmware on STM32 controller

ROSbot is based on Ubuntu 16.04, but there is no restriction on system which you are using on your computer.

In general, this forum is for asking questions. If you encounter an issue that needs a dedicated assistance, we can set eg. a Skype call.

Regards,
Łukasz

Hello Lukasz thank you very much for your promp reply. yes i know its a forum but i dont want to make a trashplace out of this. it would be great to do a skype call, is there any opportunity to send you my email address , like private message??

We can switch to private messages, I have sent you one. You will find it in top-right corner.

Regards,
Łukasz