No transform from [map] to [odom]

I cloned git repository for ROSBOT and launched it locally. Everything works except when I launch rviz

roslaunch rosbot_description rosbot_rviz_gmapping.launch

there is an error “No transform from [map] to [odom]”
Also, when I launch navigation

roslaunch rosbot_navigation amcl_demo.launch

it spams a warning:
[ WARN] [1534063304.861354594, 4917.040000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from chassis to odom to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame chassis does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1534063309.962448259, 4922.140000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from chassis to odom to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame chassis does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1534063315.063851873, 4927.240000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from chassis to odom to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame chassis does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1534063316.864462633, 4929.040000000]: No laser scan received (and thus no pose updates have been published) for 4929.040000 seconds. Verify that data is being published on the /rosbot/laser/scan topic.

Hi Azat_Kossumov,

Last week we created some changes in rosbot_description repository to standardize names of topics and frames in the model and in the real robot. We will release a fix in the following days. For now, you can easily fix the first error yourself by changing “fix frame” from “odom” to “base_link”. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Hubert

Sound good
Thank you

Hello Azat_Kossumov,

I just updated repository with fixes for above errors.
Please update your local repository and try again.

Regards,
Łukasz Mitka

Hi Lucas,
I’ve updated repository.
And I’ve got a problem.
I launched gazebo in terminal 1:
roslaunch rosbot_gazebo rosbot_world.launch
Also, launched RViz in terminal 2:
roslaunch rosbot_description rosbot_rviz_gmapping.launch

I guess now I’m supposed to see that rosbot is creating a map; however, in Rviz window I only see the robot model.

I thought that the problem was with my laptop or ROS installation, but I see the same result when I’m using online ROS Development Studio at www.theconstructsim.com.

I’m following this tutorial [ROS Q&A] 116 - Launching Husarion ROSbot navigation demo in Gazebo simulation - YouTube

Thanks,
Azat

Hi Azat,

You need one more launch file:

roslaunch rosbot_navigation gmapping_demo.launch

This one is configuring gmapping node to create map.

Regards,
Łukasz

1 Like