Problem with ROS2 navigation_demo_sim.launch.py

Hello,
when I run the launch file navigation_demo_sim.launch.py I can not navigate the rosbot in rviz2.
I get the following message in Rviz2:
The class required for this panel, ‘nav2_rviz_plugins/Navigation 2’, could not be loaded.
Error:
According to the loaded plugin descriptions the class nav2_rviz_plugins/Navigation 2 with base class type rviz_common::Panel does not exist. Declared types are rviz_visual_tools/RvizVisualToolsGui slam_toolbox::SlamToolboxPlugin

Can you help?
Thanks

Udo

Hi Udo
Could you tell me based on which repository or tutorial you run it all? And also did you use nav2_docker?

Best regards
Karol Konkol
Husarion Team

Hello Karol,

I follow the instructions of ROS2 Demo for ROSbot 2.0 | Husarion
I did not try the nav2_docker.
Running rosbot_sim.launch.py works fine.

Best Regards

Udo

Hi Udo,
I did all the steps and there are some problems so please make sure you have installed all three rviz, gazebo and navigation2. Then you have to do all the steps from this readme from installation chapter. (remember that you have different workspace then it’s used in readme, so either remove the one from tutorial or remember to change ros2_workspace to rosbot_ws in all commands).

Best regards
Karol Konkol
Husarion Team

Hi Karol,

I have installed rviz2 (not rviz). Which version is teh correct one?

Best Regards
Udo

Hi Udo,
I have installed rviz with sudo apt install rviz and I have version 1.13.7

Best regards
Karol Konkol
Husarion Team

Hello Karol,

I am confused. The navigation_demo_sim.launch.py file in the Husarion Github page includes the rviz2 package and not rviz. Please verify.

Best Regards

Udo

Hi Udo,
I’m sorry for late response. I checked and yes you are right I used rviz2 in this launch. It was installed automatically by this command rosdep install --from-paths src --ignore-src -r -y from readme. My version of rviz2:

This is RViz version Alpha (ROS 2.0).
Compiled against Qt version 5.12.8.
Compiled against OGRE version 1.12.1 (Rhagorthua)

Best regards
Karol Konkol
Husarion Team