Problems with CORE2 cloud connection

Hi all Husarion users,
Some time ago I was able to get the CORE2 board and now I have found some time to play with it.
Unfortunatelly I have the cloud connection problem. I was using two methodes of connection:

1. via mobile app hConfig
  2. via internet browser
    No success at all.
    Ad.1 When using mobile app, everything goes well until the turning off of the board. When it is powered on again the blue LED is blinking all the time
    Ad.2 I am not able to connect to the board using http://192.168.50.1:8600 - no connection.
    The result is that I neither can see any registered devices (Ad.1) nor have the access to the configuration menu from the browser (Ad.2).
    Please help, as I am after several hours of configuration tries and still without success.
    Tom

Hi Tom,

We need some more information about your CORE2. Is it version with ESP32 or ESP8266? Does it work in offline mode properly? Issue with connecting appear just now, or you didn’t use your device for long time and you can’t be sure of that?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Thanks very much for your time.
The version of my WIFI adapter is ESP8266. In offline mode the CORE2 board
seems to work properly - I am just using Visual Studio Code on Debian.
As to connection problems I am not quite sure how it was in the past because I did not use the device for some time.

Thanks one more time.
Tom

Are you able to direct connect via HDMI and keyboard/mouse? Edit - Oops, you’re using CORE-2, I’m using CORE2-ROS

Hi Tom,

That explain everything. Communication module ESP8266 is no longer supported. Let’s discuss the solution directly.

Regards,
Hubert

Hi PureRockets,

Thanks very much for your interest. Actually I am using CORE2 that has no direct HDMI or USB interface.
Your post made me check the CORE2-ROS docs and I can see that it is composed of two boars:
1.CORE2
2.Interface board with USBs, HDMI etc.
Am I right?
Tom

Yes, that is correct, my mistake. I have both boards, and they are both awesome.

1 Like

Hi Hubert,

Thanks very much for the answer. You saved a lot of my time.

Best wishes
Tom

Hi,
I have the same problem. Is there any available solution for this problem? :slight_smile:

Hi khasreto,

The same questions as at the beginning of the topic:

Which device do you use? (CORE2+ESP, CORE2-ROS with RPi/Tinker Board/UpBorad, ROSbot)

Does it work in offline mode properly?

Issue with connecting appear just now, or you didn’t use your device for long time and you can’t be sure of that?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I’m using CORE2+ESP wifi adapter is ESP32.
Device in offline mode works perfect but I can’t connect it to the cloud, during process via hconfig I have error. I can connect it via VScode and serial. I see that it’s depreciated method but others require hdmi/ethernet socket
I can’t tell how long the device wasn’t used but I’ve never tried so.

Best regards

Hi khasreto,

What type of device do you use to run hConfig app? I would like to know model and operation system.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I’m using Iphone 7 but the same problem was on android device Samsung A6 android 8.0.0. It looks like device isn’t connected to network despite providing correct password.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hey @khasreto,

Have you tried connecting it to a different wi-fi network? If you’re working at a company, use a different network than your companies network because of firewalls. Maybe try a hotspot on your iphone to the cellular network or try to connect it to the internet at home.

Because maybe your wi-fi network is blocking a NTP handshake (was one of the problems I’ve had in the past).

Hi ksasreto,

@M11 gave you right suggestion, please try it. Just for be clear, your CORE2 enter into configuration mode and you received error during some step in hConfig app? If I’m right please tell me in which one and copy here message of this error.

Best regards,
Hubert Zwiercan

Thanks guys

I will try that, and give you feedback tomorrow

Greetings!

1 Like

Hi,

It worked now it’s strange but now it works :smile:

Best regards

Hi @khasreto,

Excellent! If you experience the same problem again, you could try using your phones hotspot instead of bringing it home or try to fix some stuff on the network you use to connect it with.

The problem probably has to do with NTP time not being set up by not being able to connect to the NTP server somewhere. But I’m no expert.

1 Like

Hubert, How do i find out about ESP32 or ESP8266?

Vineet

Hi vgupta68,

On metal cover of ESP you can find model number of device. If you want to know how module looks like you can visit our store.

If you need more info about using CORE2 with ESP32 you can check it here.

I hope this info will help you.

Best regards,
Hubert