SBC Voltage Modification - ROSbot XL

Hi,

we have upgraded the board on the Husarion XL from Jetson Nano to Jetson Orin Nano and I was wondering if it is possible to change the output of the power board from 5 volts to 19 volts. I have tried flipping the 3rd switch to on as instructed in the manual but it does not change the voltage of the output. In fact, the voltage at the output of the power board is 5v and it stays at 5v when measured with a multimeter when I flip the 3rd switch to on or off. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

please take a look on our manual:
ROSbot XL manual
(section Power board items → SBC supply port (CON9) ).

There you can see the connector picture and table:

Pin Signal Max current Comment
1 GND 5A
2 +12V/+19V 4.75A/3A set with DIP switch
3 Vbat2 5A 9V … 12.6V
4 +5V 5A

and this is the explanation. The wires in the cable you now use with Jetson Nano are connected to pins 1 and 4 (GND and +5V). Now, after SBC change, you would need to connect the “+” wire to pin 2 (+12V/+19V) instead of the pin 4, and then change the voltage to 19V.

You can use the ready-to-use wire with terminal made by Molex: Digikey link
insert the terminal into the 4-pin plug housing into “2” position and connect to the wire going to the “+” terminal of Jetson Orin Nano, instead of 5V supply (of course you have to cut the 5V then).

2 Likes

Hi,

thank you so much for your help. Yes! I missed the point that I needed to change the connector as well. I just did that and everything works perfectly.

1 Like