[Solved] Astra Camera not found on Pro 2.0

Hi, I have recently updated a Ros Bot Pro2.0 to Melodic (using the given bootable 18.04 OS).

However, I’m getting the following error from the ROS Astra camera package.

No matching device found.... waiting for devices. Reason: std::__cxx11::string astra_wrapper::AstraDriver::resolveDeviceURI(const string&) @ /home/husarion/husarion_ws/src/astra_camera/ros_astra_camera-master/src/astra_driver.cpp @ 994 : Invalid device number 1, there are 0 devices connected.

It seems it can’t find the Astra camera. I am only setting this robot up from scratch for the first time, so it could be a disconnection issue? From previous threads, I the output of lsusb is:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0424:2530 Standard Microsystems Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0424:4603 Standard Microsystems Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR         mySmartUSB light
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1997:2433  
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi Tim_RMIT,

Astra’s initialization problem usually occurs when batteries state is low during startup. Please make sure that batteries are fully charged and try again. In the other case please check suggestion from these topics:

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

After a reboot or too the astra came back up. This isn’t particularly unusual in my experience (for the cameras to get in bad states and need a reboot), it was that an initial reboot hadn’t happened.

I’ve noted the battery charge as a potential cause.

What is interesting, was that at the time I was configuring the ROSBot with external power directly plugged into the ROSBot. So it may be the case, that the external power-pack can’t supply enough draw at times.

1 Like