[Solved] Cannot enter Hconfig mode

Hi

I just received my core2 and I’m trying to connect to the cloud, The first step is to push hcfg button and power to wait to blink LR1 & LR2…but after several times no one of these leds are blinking.

I pushed before, after power on…I pushed till my finger becomes blue :wink: and the same result…any idea why I could not enter in config mode?

Thank’s

Eduard

Hi ecabanas,

Do you have ESP32 connected to your CORE2? Can you flash your controller using VSC via USB cable?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi

I’m using core2 + asus tinker board. What do I have to do?

Thank’s

Hi ecabanas,

First check if the Asus is booting after connecting the monitor to HDMI port.

If you can’t see anything on display follow this tutorial to flash CORE2 (you can use default code from VSC template).

Please let me know the results.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi @Hubert_Zwiercan

I connected a HDMI to Asus board and nothing appear from video out. when I connect the board, the leds blinks and one short blink from Asus, but nothing appears

Best

Eduard

Hi ecabanas,

Please check if the SD card is inserted correctly it could cause such an effect.

Did you already flash new program to you CORE2-ROS using VSC?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi @Hubert_Zwiercan

-The Asus has a sd inside

• I followed the guide to flash via VSC and I did it

Thanks

Eduard

Hi Eduard,

So after flashing CORE2-ROS Asus Tinker Board is booting, and controller enter configuration mode after holding hConfig for few seconds?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

Thank’s for help me. I’m going to show you the steps:

1º Flash CORE2 Via micro USB. CORE2 without SD
2º ASUS has a SD, but no idea whats inside

after upload I have the following screen

and now blinks LED1. Leds LR1 and LR2 off

and no video out from ASUS

Hi Eduard,

OK. We know that flashing went fine, CORE2 also works. Just to make clear, you plug in HDMI before you turned on controller? If you do it when controller already work you will never see anything on display.

Please try one more thing. Hold reset button and turn on CORE2-ROS at the same time, wait 10-20 sec still holding reset button, and check if you can see booting screen.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert

I holded reset and nothing happens, no video out.

Thanks

Hi Eduard,

Can you provide me specification of power supply that you use with CORE2-ROS?

Best regards,
Hubert

I’m powering with 5v 2 amp.

When I power the units, the core2-ros has leds but ASUS didn’t has leds on

thank’s

Eduard

Hi,

I power sepparately the ASUS TB and now the red led is on, but I connect the video, and nothing happens

Thank’s

Hi Eduard,

I think you should look at controller manual, before you start working with it. You can find link to power supply section here.

You can power Asus TB separately (without connected CORE2) but you have to use 5V 2.5A power supply as in producer specification.

Best regards.
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I just bought a 12v 2A power supply and the result is the same. I powered the core2-ROS and I tried to hcfg button and …ledLR1 and LR2 leds blinking…

Now is working!!! thank’s man, just connected to internet and blue led on!!!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi Eduard,

It’s nice to hear that controller work fine with proper power supply.

Good luck with your projects!

I’m closing the topic.

Best regards,
Hubert