[Solved] Keep CSER Configuration

I am using a RosBot 2.0 Pro.

After configuring CSER with "rosservice call /config “command: ‘CSER’” I am able to run code to move a servo by publishing the wanted duty cycle and servo number but after a restart of the roboter I need to configure it again for it to function.

Are there any config files where I can fill in set values (these do not need to change) or do I need to change the firmware?

I am also currently running an older firmware (I think it’s v0.13.1). If this is only possible in a newer version please let me know otherwise I don’t want to change the firmware.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jay,

The simplest solution is to call this service automatically when starting ROS. For this, you can use ros launch file or write a simple shell script. The second option is to modify firmware providing custom configuration parameters for CERN.

Regards,
Dawid

Hi Dawid,

thank you for the quick response. Starting the service in a launch file is probably the easiest but I’m having difficulty in rewriting the arguments for it to fit into the node syntax.

I’d call the service in the command line using

rosservice call /config “command: ‘CSER’
data ‘V:1 S:1 E:1 P:1000 W:0’”

but since this uses both quotation marks and apostrophes, I don’t know how to use it in
<node pkg=“rosservice” type=“rosservice” name=“servo_config” args"–insert here–"/>.

Do you know of a syntax that I could use? I’ve tried using “& q u o t ;” (with spaces, so HTML doesn’t recognize it), { and } and using backslashes before the quotation marks.

I’ve solved it with a call of std::system in a cpp file now where \" functions.

Hi,

Glad you solved your problem, if you still want to try using a launch file you can use arguments. Define them like this:
<arg name="data" default="data: 'V:1 S:1 E:1 P:1000 W:0'"/>
<arg name="command" default="command: 'CSER'"/>
Then use this syntax $(arg data) to pass them inside args:
args='call /config "{$(arg command), $(arg data)}"'

Reagrds,
Dawid