[Solved] Reimage ROSbot pro with ubuntu 18.04

Hello,

On my ROSbot pro, ubuntu 16.04 is now used. I want to reimage the ROSbot with ubuntu 18.04. I place the image founded on the husarion website ( ROS & Ubuntu 18.04) with rufus on a bootable USB. But when booting the ROSbot nothing is happening. Do I have to press a shortkey on startup? Our is there another way?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Lebon

Hello Jeremy,

USB boot needs to be enabled in BIOS:

• Press “Esc” during booting.
  • You will see blue window with “Enter Password”, press “Enter”.
  • Click “Right arrow” to enter Boot card and change Boot Option Priorities for your USB drive.
  • Save & Exit.
  • After Restart chose option Install Ubuntu 18.04 & ROS Melodic for ROSbot 2.0 PRO
  • Follow the installer instructions
  • Remember to choose option with erasing new Ubuntu and remove all part of the old one
  • As user name provide husarion

Regards,
Łukasz

Thanks Lukasz.

I tried the steps but when booting for the USB I can select ‘Install Ubuntu 18.04 & ROS Melodic for ROSbot 2.0 PRO’ but then I get an error:
error: file ‘/casper/vmlinuz’ not found
error: you need to load the kernel first.
Press any key to continue…

When checking the USB the directory /casper/vmlinuz is present.

I already tried different USB’s. No success. Any suggestions?

I’m using the ros-melodic-x64-2020-03-16.iso

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Dear Lukasz,

I’m still trying to update to ubuntu 18.04. But installation won’t start.

The problem is the booting of the image. I tried several things:

• Make bootable USB with Rufus → error casper directory not present, but it is
  • Make bootable with Startup disk creator → can’t select ISO file to put on the USB
  • Make bootable USB with UNetbootin → boot on USB isn’t detected.

Is there a possibility that the image isn’t correct?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Lebon

Hi Jeremy,

There should be no difference which program used for flashing, but I recommend to try balena. We have tested flashing with this program and every time worked well.

The version you are using is the latest.

If you continue to have a problem even when using balena, we can arrange a call.

Best,
Adam

I tried the balena software you suggested and at the end the software gave a error on checksum.

I have downloaded the iso several times and still the same error. I then used the network of my work to download it and now it works. Some downloading error I think.

Thanks for the support

2 Likes