[Solved] ROSbot 2.0 does not turn ON

Hi All,

I am facing a troublesome issue.

After a charge, I got a situation that ROSbot does not turn ON.
I quite not sure but it worked before that(there was no problem).
To say something particular, I have charged for a long time but I can not remember how long it have taked.

So, can I offer a ROSbot service??

Hi Terizea,

firstly could I ask you to take batteries out of the robot, connect the power adapter to it and try to start it? This way we can ensure that problem is not related to batteries.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Wojciechowski.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried, as you mentioned as a advice. First, take batteries out of the robot and Second, connect the power adapter to it and switch ON…
But I doesn’t work (ROSbot doesn’t turn on). It seems like it is not related to batteries

Hi Terizea

could you give more details on how it doesn’t turn on?
Can you answer me those questions:

• Does power LED turn on? (where to look for PWR LED)
  • If the power LED is ok is turning on does anything show up on the screen after connecting ROSbot to the external display via HDMI?
  • If it’s ROSbot 2.0 (not ROSbot 2.0 Pro) is the SD card plugged in correctly and SD card itself is not broken.

This will give us more details on where would be the problem.
Also, I would like to ask you for the serial number of the ROSbot. With serial number and answers to those questions, we will know better what might’ve happened.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Wojciechowski.

Hi @Krzysztof_Woj

Sorry for not telling in details.

To give more details,

1. Does power LED turn on? (where to look for PWR LED1)
  • When I checked, it doesn’t turn on.
  1. If the power LED is ok is turning on does anything show up on the screen after connecting ROSbot to the external display via HDMI?
  • I skipped becasue power LED is not ok.
  1. If it’s ROSbot 2.0 (not ROSbot 2.0 Pro) is the SD card plugged in correctly and SD card itself is not broken.
  • I’ve never touched the SD card before. Also, I checked if it’s ok. So it will not be the reason of the problem.
  1. Also, I would like to ask you for the serial number of the ROSbot. With serial number and answers to those questions, we will know better what might’ve happened.
  • Our Serial code is 44930.

Hi Terizea

just for clarification. How do you connect the power supply to your robot? In case you are trying to power it without batteries use DC power input shown here.
Charging connector is dedicated only for batteries.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Wojciechowski.

Hi @Krzysztof_Woj

To say more specific, I operated the ROSbot after charging process is done(connect charging connector with charger IMAX B6). I’ve been using it like this before this issue happened.
After the issue happened, I seperated the batteries and connected directly to the DC power input by your advice(May 28)

I also checked how to manage this problem by looking at community and manual but nothing is come out. I wanna offer a AS service bcs I’m in hurry…

Sincerely
kevin

Hi @Terizea

We will start warranty service procedure and send you all needed information via e-mail :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi @Hubert_Zwiercan

Thanks for the reply. :smile:

Sincerely,
Kevin