[Solved] Rosbot 2.0 R display shows nothing

We bought Rosbot 2.0 R a month ago.
We shutdown the rosbot in terminal, we turn it on a day after and the HDMI display shows nothing.
I checked few threads and tutorials, but could not solve the issue.
We tried,

• full charge battery,
  • remove battery and use power connector

Can you verify why the monitor screen is not showing?

Best,
Bumjin Park

Hi bumjin, welcome to Husarion community!

First of all, I have to ask if your display works properly with other devices?

I see only one red LED on. L1 second red diode (next to 2 green LEDs) should be turned on if ROSbot’s firmware works properly.
For the first step, I suggest to keep pressed the reset button while ROSbot is booting. Let me know about the results.

Best regards
Jan

Thank you for the reply.

I tested pressing, but there was no light on L1.

We also tested the display with another device, and it worked well. Could the problem be related to battery charge or just problem on the main board?

Can you send the Serial Number of your ROSbot 2.0 R? You can find it on the sticker from the bottom. You can send it to me here or in private message.

Best regards
Jan

Serial Number is 152648.

Best,
Bumjin Park

Thank you.
I will send you next steps, but first please unmount the top cover with LiDAR and camera of your ROSbot 2.0 R (6 black screws) and upload here the photo of USB cables inserted into Raspberry Pi4 (under Core 2 controller).

Best regards
Jan

When we flashed example.hex into Core2, and the LED worked well.
So, we guess the firmware has a problem.
Could you give me the correct reinstall path for the software?

Best regards,
Bumjin Park

Thank you for the photos. I will need one more photo of the USB-microUSB cable which connects Raspberry Pi4 with converter UART (small device which is connected directly to the LiDAR).

Best regards
Jan

Hello, I had the same fault and what I did was to try disconnecting everything and connecting one by one, my fault was a proximity sensor in hsens2, after disconnecting it my robot gives image .

Do you mean this cable?

Best regards
Bumjin Park

Yes, exactly this one.
Now turn off ROSbot, unplug this microUSB cable from SLAMTEC UART converter, plug in HDMI device and turn the ROSbot 2R on. Robot should boot and in ~3 minutes you should see normal home screen.
If the robot starts booting you can plug back microUSB. It may cause your problem just in the moment of turning on.
Let me know if that step is completed.

Best regards
Jan

Hello Ariel,
can you give me the status of diodes turned on or off on the rear panel of your ROSbot 2R?

Best regards
Jan

Hello JanBrzyk,

This is the status, but my robot is ROSBot 2.0.
the faulty sensor seems to me to be the imu, how can i check it?
Best regards,
Ariel

Ariel, What kind of proximity sensor are you using? You connect it to hSens2 so I guess it is external. What is its power consumption?
Try disconnecting “faulty” sensor, turning the ROSbot ON and connecting it back during the boot. Does it work properly?

Best regards
Jan

We reintsalled the booting firmware, and everything works well!
So, the issue is closed.

Best regards
Bumjin Park

1 Like