[Solved] RosBOT-XL Flashing Firmware on Autonomous Navigation Demo

Hello,
In my earlier post I asked about the ROS1 to ros2 bridge unfortunately didn’t work out so I went ahead with the standard installation and everything works perfectly. However, I was trying out using the Mapping Demo and got stuck at firmware version.
I ran

docker run --rm -it --privileged \
husarion/rosbot-xl:humble \
flash-firmware.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0

and got

Error response from daemon: Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/": tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: certificate is not valid for any names, but wanted to match registry-1.docker.io

If there’s anything I have done wrong please let me know."
Regards

Hi @pved,

There may be an error in the above command as I see in ROSbot XL - quick start | Husarion
the command should look like this:

docker stop rosbot-xl microros || true && \
docker run --rm -it --privileged \
--mount type=bind,source=/dev/ttyUSBDB,target=/dev/ttyUSBDB \
husarion/rosbot-xl:humble-0.8.2-20230913 \
flash-firmware.py -p /dev/ttyUSBDB

or just

~/flash_firmware.sh

I recommend also using the repository GitHub - husarion/rosbot-xl-autonomy: Using SLAM Toolbox and Nav2 with ROSbot XL,
which consists of mapping and navigation. I hope this will suit your requirements.

Regard

Hello again,
So I followed this and got this as an error.

docker compose -f compose.rosbot.yaml up
[+] Running 0/0
 ⠿ rosbot-xl Error                                                                                                                                                                                     0.1s
 ⠿ microros Error                                                                                                                                                                                      0.1s
 ⠿ rplidar Error                                                                                                                                                                                       0.1s
 ⠿ mapping Error                                                                                                                                                                                       0.1s
Error response from daemon: Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/": tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: certificate is not valid for any names, but wanted to match registry-1.docker.io

But I will go through your recommended repository in some time.
Thank You
Regards

Hi,
I used Autonomy and it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the help!!!

1 Like

Thank you for the information. :grinning: I’m closing this issue.