[Solved] Using hFramework with Noetic

Hello

is it possible to use hRos with Noetic?
In general it works but at least the BatteryState message changed between Kinetic and Noetic so it can not be used.
I found the “BatteryState.h” file in the “.vscode\extensions\husarion.husarion-1.5.30\sdk\include\hROS\sensor_msgs” folder, which seems to be responsible for the message but it is not clear to mes how these header files are created or where they com from.
I know that hFramework is not supportet anymore but any help or hint would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Hi MichaelT,

Code in hFramework include:

#include "sensor_msgs/BatteryState.h"

You can find what it contains, simple google it. Please check this link. If you want to change something, just create your own “.h” file suitable for your needs. It won’t need much change.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

thanks for your answer, it works!
Is it possible to use the newest version of rosserial_client to get the advantages (bugfixes, imrpovements) of the newest version?

Michael

Hi MichaelT,

You can try it but as far as I know this pkg is no longer updated for this ROS distro. Actualy it was probably removed, because I can’t find it here:

We also no longer support images with Kinetic distro, so we do not plan to make any updates in the future.

Best regards,
Hubert