Transform from base_link to map source frame baselink does not exist

Trying multiple rosbots AMCL in Gazebo and facing the following error

[ WARN] [1580917865.353203528, 2923.880000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from base_link to map to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame base_link does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1580917870.456538075, 2928.980000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from base_link to map to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame base_link does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1580917875.560713079, 2934.080000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from base_link to map to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame base_link does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.
[ WARN] [1580917880.666722497, 2939.180000000]: Timed out waiting for transform from base_link to map to become available before running costmap, tf error: canTransform: source_frame base_link does not exist… canTransform returned after 0.1 timeout was 0.1.multi_amcl.c (4.8 KB)

Uploaded the launch file as c file since I wasn’t able to upload my launch file.

Hello Thiaga,

The warning is thrown by move_base when searching for transform from frame base_link to map. On the other hand, both ROSbots are configured to publish tf’s with prefixes.

Please post here screen from rqt_tf_tree to verify which tf frames are published.

Regards,
Łukasz

Hi Lukasz,
This is the tf_frame image

Hello Thiaga,

Your ROSbots are publishing tf frames with prefixes. We are considering base_link frames, these are:

• first/base_link - for one of the ROSbots
  • second/base_link - for the second ROSbot

Move base is configured to search for frames mapbase_link, it is without prefixes.
The map frame is published without any prefix, this one will not cause any problem.
Issue is caused with base_link due to fact that, ROSbots are publishing with prefixes, while move_base wants it without prefix.

Warning is thrown by costmap component, the frame definition will be in one of the files:

• $(find swarm_pkg)/config/costmap_common_params.yaml
  • $(find swarm_pkg)/config/local_costmap_params.yaml
  • /home/jeyesh/ros_workspace/src/swarm_pkg/config/global_costmap_params.yaml

Set the searched 'base_link` frame with appropriate prefix.

Regards,
Łukasz

Hi,
I tried to reproduce your error and it seems that you have error somewhere in amcl or move_base launch files.

I created simulation where you can compare your files

Regards,
Adam Krawczyk