Tutorial - ROSBot - Quick start - Device Setup - Usage (webui / rviz)

So, reading your link (GitHub - husarion/rosbot_webui), i realized i did not do the following. so, after these steps,

Install Nginx:

sudo apt install nginx

Then edit configuration file:

sudo nano /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default

and change line:

root /var/www/html;

to:

root /home/husarion/ros_workspace/src/rosbot_webui/edit;

Restart Nginx:

sudo systemctl restart nginx

Then, i went to browser with device name address, the lidar makes noise but nothing is visible on the webgui but a dial for running robot (robot does not move), and nothing on the rviz window either)

After running, webui launch file, it prints this repeatidly,

astra_wrapper::AstraDriver::resolveDeviceURI(const string&) @ /tmp/binarydeb/ros-kinetic-astra-camera-0.2.2/src/astra_driver.cpp @ 741 : Invalid device number 1, there are 0 devices connected.

I must have installed the wrong drivers. How do i correct to the astra?

Thanks
Vineet

Lukasz,

I did solve it. Yeah… I had the lidar connected. Ugh.

So, with Astra connected, I did get video. , The robot does not move and not seeing on rviz.

The following keeps repeating:

[ WARN] [1561172767.142369353]: Could not get transform between ‘/map’ and ‘/base_link’, will retry every second

[ERROR] [1561172758.194849]: Unable to sync with device; possible link problem or link software version mismatch such as hydro rosserial_python with groovy Arduino

[ERROR] [1561172743.192401]: Unable to sync with device; possible link problem or link software version mismatch such as hydro rosserial_python with groovy Arduino

Lukasz, Hubert,

I have rerun the code and i am able to view the images from astra sensor on the webui.

A am not able to move the robot but i do get the same errors above.

Please send me hints or suggestions so that i can find the answers.

Thanks
Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Could you run web_ui one more time and send me output of command:

rostopic info /pose

I suspect it’s problem with rosserial, but I will be sure when I see the output of this command.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hubert,

See attached

Thanks
Vineet

Hello Vineet,

There is definitely problem with rosserial communication.
Please flash your device with default firmware as described in Programming step. Then please try launching again.

Regards,
Łukasz

Lukasz,

I did run the default firmware using the clould, and robot does move. When do you use the control, the robots moves in jerky motion. What am i doing wrong?

Also, the rviz screen on the right is blank.

I do get the following:

husarion@husarion:~$ rostopic info /pose
Type: geometry_msgs/PoseStamped

Publishers:

Subscribers:

Thanks
Vineet

Hello Vineet,

Output from rostopic info /pose shows that communication is established.
Are you getting any warnings or errors in console or webUI?
Could you record a movie showing that motion?

Regards,
Łukasz

Lukasz,

It appears to behave now. I started with full charge yesterday, and even now. The only difference is yesterday was carpet versus vinyle floor.

Also, it might be that wifi signal was only two bar and now i am in a five bar signal. Will try to duplicate, create movie and send.

Should Rviz be blank on the webui?

Thanks
Vineet

Hello Vineet,

Rviz and webUI can be used at the same time.

It may be necessary to configure or add view elements in Rviz, use Add button in Rviz left menu, then in tab By topic search for /map or /scan.

Regards,
Łukasz

Lukasz,

I will try soon.

Thanks
Vineet