TWo LEDs Red on ROSBot

Hi,

I ran tutorial 6 with SLAM, and added astra sensor.

I had turned on both sensors.

I was driving the robot to map the room. I had rviz on with map only.

I was creating a bag file so that i can create a map per instruction at http://wiki.ros.org/cn/slam_gmapping/Tutorials/MappingFromLoggedData#record.

I drove the robot for 1 minutes and then the robot LEDs turned red and rviz and remmina desktop froze.

I have recharged the battery twice and have been unable to connect to ROSBot to start mapping again.

Any suggestions? I have ROSBOT 2.0.

Thanks
Vineet

Hi Vineet,

I see that you’re using new firmware based on Mbed. LEDs seem to work fine (PWR should be always on when ROSbot is on, LED1 should be on if power supply voltage is above 10,8 V).

Could you describe me on which stage of connecting to ROSbot you occur the issue?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hubert,

From the laptop terminal, i type

ssh husarion@192.168.1.223
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.223 port 22: No route to host

Also, i pinged:

ping 192.168.1.223
PING 192.168.1.223 (192.168.1.223) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.1.235 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.235 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.235 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable

Thanks
Vineet

Hi Vineet,

May I ask you to make sure that 192.168.1.223 is correct IP address of ROSbot?

Best regards,
Hubert

Hubert,

i have verified ip address and it is good. WHen i had connected six months to cloud, i had written down the address.

Few months ago, i moved to mbed, and now tried to connect to cloud. But does not.

I used iphone to ping ip adderss, and i get same error above.

How can i verify the ip address with mbed installed?

Thanks
Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Please take a look carefully at ROSbot - quick start. You can find there notification:

WARNING: When mbed firmware is uploaded to internal STM32F4 microcontroller, https://cloud.husarion.com is no available for your ROSbot.

IP address that you checked few months ago could change. The simplest way to check it is plug in display, mouse and keyboard to ROSbot and type ifconfig in terminal.

Best regards,
Hubert

Hubert,

I connected mouse, keyboard, and monitor to rosbot.

Nothing displays on the monitor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Vineet

Hubert,

I was able to connect to ROSBOT. I reconneted the HDMI cable. Turned the power on and off on the inside. Reconnected the antenna.

But it is inconsistent with connecting. i was able to run the ROSBOT to create map of an area 30 feet by 80 feet few minutes ago.

I do get the following:

error [1579920061.175913]: VL53L0X sensors initialisation failure!

Any idea what the above error means?

Thanks
VIneet

Hi Vineet,

I’m glad to hear that you are able to create a map using ROSbot, but am not sure what you mean seeing “But it is inconsistent with connecting”, could you explain it for me?

An Error “VL53L0X sensors initialization failure!” is showing only when distance sensor can’t initialize. That mean connectors are plugged in wrong ports or wires are damaged.

The only reason why you didn’t see this info before is because we added functionality of checking right initialization of sensors in new firmware which you just flashed.

In the picture I can see that ROSbot configuration was changed (cables on top, which is a violation of the warranty conditions), I suggest to check wiring one more time, but issue can be difficult to investigate, because we don’t know what else was changed.

Best regards
Hubert

Hubert,

“inconsistent” meaning when i bump the robot, the connection is lost. Antenna appears to get loose, and after connection, it works.

Sensor failure. I will reconnect to two other connections and see if the error goes away… Otherwise, wires are bad.

You mentioned cables on top as violation. Can you send photos how i should store wire for rplidar and astra at the same time?

Thanks
Vineet

Hubert,

ROSbot is not designed to receive large shocks or bumps.

I apologize for saying that “which is a violation of the warranty conditions” I didn’t know that you ordered ROSbot without sensors.

About this antenna and sensor problem, I think that the best way to investigate will be set up some call. I will contact you directly to set a date.

Best regards,
Hubert