Using Navigation with Ros2 Humble for Panther

I wanted to know if we can use the provided Navigation Library with ROS2 humble on Panther.
I do know alpha release for ROS2 is scheduled soon.

Also, can we use the gazebo simulation code generated for the same on a real panther?

Are there any examples of setting the Lidar on the Panther for simulation?
I am using Ouster-32 Lidar.

Hello @Rejin_Jacob and welcome to our community,

1a. The ROS2 alpha version is now available and you can install it using this manual: Operating System Reinstallation | Husarion

1b. Currently, we do not have a demo that allows you to quickly start navigation. This is one of the projects that will be implemented in the coming months.

1. I’m not sure I understand the question. If you are wondering whether the topics in the simulation correspond to the topics on the physical robot, then the answer is yes. However, not all messages are easy to simulate, so several topics are missing.

2. Currently, we do not have a ready example with Outster. However, you can manually edit the panther.urdf.xacro file and add the following lines to it:

<xacro:include filename="$(find ros_components_description)/urdf/velodyne_puck.urdf.xacro" ns="lidar" />
  <xacro:lidar.velodyne_puck
    parent_link="cover_link"
    xyz="0.185 0.0 0.0"
    rpy="0.0 0.0 0.0"
    use_gpu="true"
    topic="velodyne_points"
    simulation_engine="$(arg simulation_engine)" />

The above command adds an outster to the simulation, in order to see the tops from the ROS level, you must also add the appropriate mapping in simulation.launch.py

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards