Using the CORE2-ROS without internet

Hello,

So we’ve programmed the CORE2-ROS to our likings, we have also some ROS stuff on a PC to control it via a router. We were able to control the CORE2-ROS from the PC when a connection to the internet was made with a router.

Now we removed the internet connectivity to the router, I am still able to connect to the CORE2-ROS via the router and start the ROS code over there which connects to the ROS master on the PC. But a message from the PC is not delivered to the CORE2-ROS. How can we fix this?

Extra info: the CORE2-ROS runs a node, to which the CORE2 subscribers (emergency_stop topic). But because the master runs on the PC, it won’t receive those messages.

I was able to narrow down the problem: the CORE2-ROS does not read the messages published over topic to which the PC publishes. The problem happened when I removed internet connectivity from the system.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

How did you connect device into one network? Using manual export IP or husarnet?

I need output of rqt_tf_tree and rqt_graph in both situation (with and without internet connection).

After receiving this information I will try to investigate the issue.

Best regards,
Hubert Zwiercan

Hi Hubert,

This problem has been solved, the error occured at one of the external nodes connecting to the ROS network.

Regards,

Mike

1 Like