How to Use the Husarion CORE2 with ROS for Autonomous Navigation?

Hey guys…

I have recently started working with the Husarion CORE2. I have a background in basic electronics and programming, but diving into robotics is a new adventure for me. I’m particularly interested in using the CORE2 with the Robot Operating System (ROS) for an autonomous navigation project. I’ve been able to set up the CORE2 following the standard tutorials, but I’m a bit stuck on the next steps.

I want to integrate ROS with the CORE2 to create a robot that can autonomously navigate a simple indoor environment. My goal is to have the robot move around, detect obstacles, and map the area using LIDAR or similar sensors. However, I’m not sure how to get started with configuring ROS for this purpose.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

• I have already installed ROS on my computer, but I’m not sure if there are any special configurations or packages needed specifically for the Husarion CORE2. Are there any guides or tutorials that focus on setting up ROS with this board?

• How do I connect and configure sensors like LIDAR or ultrasonic sensors with the CORE2? Do I need to modify any files or code to make sure the data is properly received and processed by ROS?

• What’s the best way to get started with mapping and navigation in ROS? Are there any recommended algorithms or libraries that work well with the CORE2, especially for tasks like SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)?

I also check this: https://community.husarion.com/t/ros2-support-for-autonomous-navigation-and-slam-with-mecanum-wheelrails But I have not found any solution. Could anyone guide me about this? Are there any community resources, documentation, or example projects that could help someone in my situation? I’ve been reading the Husarion documentation, but I feel like I need more practical examples or step-by-step guides.

Your help will be grateful for me!

Thanks in advance!

Respected community member! :blush:

Hello @emico ,

I would like to make sure that you really mean CORA2. Because CORE2 is just a microprocessor board, created to handle hardware (e.g. a few small DC motors and their management). You won’t be able to create much on the microprocessor itself, because the memory and computational capabilities are very limited. So there is no talk of SLAM etc.

Additionally, I will inform you that CORE2 was one of the first products that our company sold. However, for several years we have not been selling boards, only whole robots. And so, for example, CORE2, after a few corrections, was included in our ROSbots from the 2R and 2 PRO series.

Let me know if there is anything else I can explain to you.

Regards